Dr. Fife has specialized training in Mohs micrographic surgery, reconstruction, acne scarring therapy, and laser medicine. His training includes Dermatology Residency at the University of California Irvine and a fellowship in Mohs Micrographic Surgery and Procedural Dermatology at Northwestern University Hospital in Chicago, IL.
He is one of only a few Mohs micrographic surgeons in the Las Vegas area who are members of the American College of Mohs Surgery (ACMS). All members of the ACMS were required to complete a one-year fellowship in Mohs micrographic surgery after Dermatology Residency, in which they received intensive training in surgical removal and reconstruction of difficult skin cancers on the face.
Dr. Fife’s goal is to provide the most comfortable, highest-quality care to you while treating your skin cancer or other skin problem. The son of a Central California physician who spent his entire career teaching medical residents and providing compassionate care to each patient, Dr. Fife prides himself in staying at the cutting edge of current technology and treatments in dermatologic surgery.
Douglas Fife, MD, Founder and President of Surgical Dermatology & Laser Center, is a board-certified Dermatologist and fellowship-trained Mohs surgeon who is passionate about providing excellent, compassionate care to all patients.
In addition to skin cancer surgery, Dr. Fife’s interests also include acne scarring therapy and laser medicine. During his residency and fellowship training he studied under two giants in the field of Laser medicine and cosmetic dermatology, Drs. Christopher Zachary and Murad Alam. Dr. Fife has performed studies, given lectures, and written publications on various acne scarring and laser topics. For more details about Dr. Fife, please see his CV.
Dr. Fife also serves as an educator and leader in the medical community in the following ways:
- President of the Las Vegas Dermatology Society from 2010 until present
- Adjunct Faculty, Department of Plastic Surgery, University of Nevada, accepting Plastic Surgery residents who rotate through the office
- Serves as peer reviewer for 5 prominent academic medical journals
- 19 publications in peer-reviewed academic journals
- 3 book chapters
- 16 lectures at national and international academic conferences
- Diplomate, American Board of Dermatology
- Fellow, American Academy of Dermatology
- Fellow, American Society for Dermatologic Surgery
- Fellow, American College of Mohs Surgery
RESIDENCY AND FELLOWSHIP TRAINING
- Procedural Dermatology / Mohs micrographic Surgery Fellowship:
Northwestern University, Chicago, IL July 2008-June 2009.
Fellowship Program Director: Murad Alam, M.D.
- Dermatology Residency: University of California Irvine, Orange, CA 2005-2008
- Laser and Cosmetic Dermatology Rotation
Director: Christopher Zachary, MBBS, FRCP
- ASDS Preceptorship Program in Mohs micrographic surgery:
UT Southwestern Skin Surgery and Oncology Clinic, Dallas TX June 2007. Preceptor: Stan Taylor, M.D.
- Doctor of Medicine, University of California Irvine School of Medicine, 2000-2004
- BS in Zoology, Brigham Young University, Provo, UT
Graduated Cum Laude in 2000