He has specialized training in Mohs micrographic surgery, facial plastic and reconstructive surgery, and cutaneous oncology. His training includes a dermatology residency at the University of Kansas Medical Center and fellowship training in Mohs Micrographic Surgery and Procedural Dermatology at one of the nation’s most prestigious fellowships directed by Drs. John Zitelli, M.D. and David Brodland, M.D. Both the American College of Mohs Surgery (ACMS) and the American Medical Association’s Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) certify this fellowship. Dr. Machan is one of only a few Mohs micrographic surgeons in the Las Vegas area who has membership in the American College of Mohs Surgery.
Mac Machan, MD is a board certified dermatologist and fellowship-trained Mohs surgeon who is dedicated to providing compassionate, quality care for patients.
As an ACMS and ACGME Fellowship Trained Mohs Surgeon, Dr. Machan is able to provide the highest quality care in treating skin cancers of all types. He participated in over 2,500 surgeries during his fellowship alone. Dr. Machan takes pride in staying at the cutting edge of technology and treatments in dermatologic surgery in order to provide excellent care for his patients. Dr. Machan has authored scientific articles on Mohs surgery, dermatopathology, and cutaneous oncology and has been a speaker/presenter at local and national meetings.
Dr. Machan also serves as an educator and leader in the medical community in the following ways:
- Active Member of the Las Vegas Dermatology Society
- Adjunct Faculty, Department of Plastic Surgery, University of Nevada-Reno: mentors Plastic Surgery residents who rotate through the office
- Serves as peer reviewer for prominent academic medical journals
- 15+ publications in peer-reviewed academic journals
- Multiple lectures at local and national academic conferences
- Diplomate, American Board of Dermatology
- Fellow, American Academy of Dermatology
- Fellow, American Society for Dermatologic Surgery
- Associate member, American College of Mohs Surgery
- Member, American Medical Association
RESIDENCY AND FELLOWSHIP TRAINING
- Procedural Dermatology Fellowship:
Zitelli and Brodland Skin Cancer Center, Pittsburgh, PA, 2013-2014
- Dermatology Residency, Chief Resident:
University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, KS 2010-2013
- Transitional Program (Internship):
Sacred Heart Medical Center, Kansas City, KS 2009-2010
- Doctor of Medicine, Alpha Omega Alpha, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT, 2005-2008
- BS in Chemistry, Graduated with Honors, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT, 2001-2004