Steven Peine, MD is a board-certified dermatologist and fellowship-trained Mohs surgeon who is dedicated to providing compassionate, quality care for patients.
Dr. Peine has specialized training in Mohs micrographic surgery, facial plastic and reconstructive surgery, and cutaneous oncology. His training includes a dermatology residency at SAUSHEC Dermatology in San Antonio, TX and fellowship training in Mohs Micrographic Surgery and Procedural Oncology at Geisinger Medical Center. Both the American College of Mohs Surgery (ACMS) and the American Medical Association’s Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) certify this fellowship. Dr. Peine is one of only a few Mohs micrographic surgeons in the Las Vegas area with membership in the American College of Mohs Surgery. As a fellowhip-trained Mohs surgeon, Dr. Peine is able to provide the highest quality of care in treating skin cancers of all types.
Dr. Peine served in the United States Air Force for over 20 years as an active duty physician. During his service, he was a faculty member in the Army/Air Force SAUSHEC Dermatology residency. He specialized in teaching the proper use of lasers in dermatology and has extensive experience with lasers treating burn and other traumatic injury scars in wounded warriors.
- Diplomate, American Board of Dermatology
- Fellow, American Academy of Dermatology
- Associate Member, American College of Mohs Surgery
EDUCATION RESIDENCY AND FELLOWSHIP TRAINING
- Mohs Micrographic Surgery and Dermatologic Oncology Fellowship: Geisinger Medical Center--Department of Dermatology, Danville, PA,2014-2015
- Dermatology Residency, Chief Resident: SAUSHEC Dermatology, San Antonio, TX, 2006-2009
- Doctor of Medicine, Alpha Omega Alpha, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT, 1993-1997
- BS in Biology, Graduated with Honors, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT, 1991-1993
- AA in Pre-Med Studies, Graduated with Honors, Dixie College, St. George, UT 1989-1991