Steven was born and raised in southeastern Idaho on a dairy farm and developed a great work ethic from a very young age as a result. He completed his undergraduate studies at Utah State University in Logan, UT, and continued his education at Midwestern University in Downer’s Grove, IL, earning a Master’s degree in Medical Science. Early in his career, he gained a broad medical background from working in Cardiac and Thoracic surgery and Emergency Medicine. While in Illinois he enjoyed working with students as an adjunct faculty member and lecturer for Midwestern University.
He discovered his love of dermatology in 2004 and has been trained and educated by nationally respected dermatologists. He is currently a preceptor for Touro University Physician Assistant/Medical school. He had the pleasure of assisting in training and education for the Valley Hospital Dermatology Residency Program from 2006 to 2013.
Steven Hawkes is a board certified Physician Assistant who has been working in Dermatology for the last 12 years in Las Vegas area. He is truly committed to ensure that the experience at SDLC will exceed your expectations.
Mr. Hawkes has been involved in many dermatological studies and research projects including rosacea, psoriasis, and acne. In addition, he has been a national and local speaker on dermatology diseases and treatments.
- Licensed, Nevada Medical Board
- Licensed, Nevada Osteopathic Board
- Member, Society of Dermatology Physician Assistants
- Member, American Academy of Physician Assistants
- Member, American Acne and Rosacea Society
- Master of Medical Science in Physician Assistant Studies, Midwestern University, Downer's Grove, IL, 1994-1996
- BS in Health Education, Utah State University, Logan, UT, 1987-1991